Music System Home (Gen. 2)
I cannot find my Music System Home Generation 2 speaker within the ART app.
ART Gen 2 speakers are not compatible with the ART app. They should be set up using Google Home or AirPlay 2 instead of the app.
I cannot link my ART Gen 1 speaker with my Music System Home Generation 2.
ART Gen 2 speakers stream audio using AirPlay 2 and Chromecast built-in. This eliminates the need for the Tivoli Audio ART app. ART Gen 1 is designed to work with ART Gen 1 and ART Gen 2 is designed to work with ART Gen 2. You can use a ConX with the Gen 2 speakers to connect them via the app.
How do I set up Bluetooth on my Music System Home Gen 2?
- Turn the radio on by pressing the Power/Source knob.
- Switch source to Bluetooth by briefly pressing the small center knob until the display reads “Bluetooth”.
- Press and hold the top of the large Bezel that circles the screen for 3-5 seconds until the screen reads “Pairing Enabled”.
- On your smart device, open your Bluetooth list.
- Look for the Tivoli Audio MSYH_XXXXXX.
- Select this to connect. Both your smart device and screen of the Music System Home Gen 2 should confirm the connection.
Unable to find the Gen 2 in my smart device’s Bluetooth menu:
- On your smart device, confirm that you have the latest software version. You may need to update to the latest version.
- On your smart device, open your Bluetooth list.
- Turn on the radio by pressing the Power/Source knob.
- Press and hold the top of the large bezel that circles the screen for 3-5 seconds until the screen reads “Pairing Enabled”.
- Look for the Tivoli Audio Bluetooth address.
- Select this to connect. Both your smart device and screen for the Music System Home Gen 2 speaker should confirm the connection.
No sound in Bluetooth mode.
If you are unable to hear audio, try pausing and then playing your audio source. This will refresh the stream of audio or will indicate if there is an issue with your Wi-Fi.
If you are connecting with a music service that requires the speaker to be selected in the native app, please confirm the correct speaker(s) is connected.
I’m unable to find my speaker in Spotify/Deezer/iTunes/YouTube Music for Chromecast.
You will need to select the cast option in each app. Find the Chromecast button located in the respective app to connect your Music System Home Gen 2 speaker. If you cannot find the cast button, check you are connected to the same Wi-Fi as your speaker. Then, try closing the app and then re-opening it. Then, open the selected song and use the cast button to stream to your Music System Home Gen 2 speaker.
My time won’t sync through AirPlay 2.
You can set the clock manually on your Music System Home Gen 2 speaker by using the remote control.
You can also use the RDS signal to auto-set your clock by turning to a local FM station and waiting 5-10 minutes for the clock to sync.
Make sure your Music System Home Gen 2 speaker and Apple product are both using the latest firmware.
My unit will switch from FM or Bluetooth Mode to Wi-Fi mode unexpectedly.
Connect your Music System Home Gen 2 speaker to your home Wi-Fi using either Google Home or AirPlay 2. Once you have connected your unit, turn it off, and then back on again. Your unit should automatically update the firmware, which will resolve this issue.
I’ve connected via AirPlay but I’m not hearing sound from the speaker.
- On your Apple device, open the Control Center.
- For iPhone X and newer, swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen.
- For older models, swipe from the bottom on the screen.
- At the top right of the music section, press the AirPlay icon.
- You can now select the speaker you want to play audio to.
AirPlay audio skips when locking or unlocking my phone, or while switching apps:
- Turn Bluetooth OFF on your IOS device.
- After turning off Bluetooth, play music normally through AirPlay.
What to do when I cannot cast:
- Check you are connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your device.
- Next, turn your speaker off and then on again. Cycle through your sources by pressing the Power/Source knob until Wi-Fi is selected. Wait until you see the Wi-Fi symbol appear in the upper left corner.
- Next, open your music app of choice. After selecting the song you wish to play, tap the “cast” icon within the music app.
- Select the Music System Home Gen 2 speaker as your source.
- Once selected, press play and then you should hear the music playing through the speaker.
What is the battery warning for this product?
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST BATTERY, CHEMICAL BURN HAZARD. The remote control supplied with this product contains a coin/button cell battery. If the coin/button cell battery is swallowed, it can cause severe internal burns in just 2 hours and can lead to death. Keep new and used batteries away from children. If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children. If you think batteries might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek immediate medical attention.